Thursday, January 31, 2013

Waiting


Today is the 18 month mark.

When I was first listed for transplant, I was told that the average wait for lungs was 6-18 months.

So I guess I've now outlasted the average.

It's been on my mind a lot so I haven't had much sleep this week. I also had a power outage early yesterday morning that set off all the oxygen alarms, and forced me to get out of bed to get the portable cylinder out of the car. Not exactly the type of alarm that I needed!

I'm hoping that I can just mark the date tonight and get on with it.... oh, and get some sleep.

8 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

xoxo it's got to be your turn now!

bec said...

Yep, you're next, I can feel it. Sending you a hug for those sleepless nights XXOO

Fiona said...

That's the thing about averages ...someone is always outside the average range. Hoping that call comes soon ... and that you start to sleep better!

willywagtail said...

Thinking of and waiting with you. Cherrie

Jennifer Rose said...

:( really hope you get some sleep, hope you get that call soon too, but not getting any sleep doesnt help things

nicole said...

finger crossed that it can't be far away!
xox

Kirsty said...

Saw the instagram...popped in here to check. Hoping that you're on your way Cam. x

Vireya said...

Thinking of you and sending lots of wishes for a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing you walk up the stairs at Nikki's!